Janis is an open-source Python framework that aims to address the portability and interoperability problems between workflow specifications, by abstracting both the workflow and execution model in order to generate CWL, WDL or Nextflow workflows.
- Institutional financial support for software engineering and academic contributions from Peter Mac and Melbourne Bioinformatics
- Richard Lupat was supported by a grant from the Peter Mac Foundation
- Bernard Pope was supported by a Victorian Health and Medical Research Fellowship
- Australian National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC) Senior Research Fellowship (1116955) to Anthony Papenfuss
- This work is supported by the Australian BioCommons via Bioplatforms Australia funding and the Australian Research Data Commons (https://doi.org/10.47486/PL105). Bioplatforms Australia and the Australian Research Data Commons are funded by the National Collaborative Research Infrastructure Strategy (NCRIS).